Subscribe to news that UC Davis sends to the media throughout California and around the world.
“GetNews@ucdavis.edu” is a self-subscribing mailing list that allows subscribers to receive the latest news at the same time as journalists. The News Service created it in response to requests from UC Davis faculty members, staff and friends interested in receiving up-to-date information on campus research and activities.
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address you want to subscribe to the list.
- In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe getnews firstname lastname (replace firstname and lastname with your own first name and last name).
- Send a message to email@example.com from the address you used to subscribe to the list.
- In the subject line of your message, type in: unsubscribe getnews (no name is needed).
Also, for either of these actions:
- Leave the message body blank; do not include signature block.
- Send your message in plain text, not in HTML (no formatting).
If you want to customize your UC Davis news, subscribe to our RSS feed and select specific categories or search terms.
The News Service issues on average between six and 12 news releases a week. All current and former news releases are also available on our website.
Questions about about subscribing? Contact Angie Malloy, (530) 752-9609, firstname.lastname@example.org.